In 1880, the city of Sadieville was incorporated. Located in the northern portion of Scott County, the city was developed around the railroad and Eagle Creek. The town was named after Sadie Pack, a prominent citizen of the time, who played hostess to some of the railroad engineers.
In the early 1900s, it was a bustling city of commerce dealing in the shipping of mules and colts. During that time, the town was a stop for the Cincinnati Southern Railroad.
The railroad still passes through the town, however, today things are much quieter. Sadieville remains a small, residential town with a population of around 300.